Have you decided to limit your waste by buying your bulk groceries? Bravo, you will see that you have everything to gain from limiting unnecessary packaging in your kitchen. A less full bin, better quality products and nicely stored, as long as you take the trouble to customize your preserving jars! No need to be skilled in calligraphy, just follow our instructions to highlight their content and congratulate you on your new habits.
– The template with the name of the printed food (Brusher typography)
– Glass jars with their lid
– A pair of scissors
– Masking tape
– An acrylic felt (or a porcelain felt to cook if you want to be able to put your jars in the dishwasher) with a tip of 2 or 3 mm with fine tip or beveled.
Budget: less than 10 euros with jars of recovery
Duration: 1h (+ possible cooking time)
1. Cut out the names of the foods / ingredients in the template sheet.
2. Stick them inside the jars (well washed and free of any glue or label) with the masking tape.
3. With the felt, iron the letters by transparency on the outside of the jar.
Nb: if you wish, you can of course write directly by freehand on the jars if you have a nice writing or you are gifted in calligraphy. You can also choose another typography and print your own ingredients page to store.
4. Then let it dry. If you are using a ceramic marker for cooking, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for drying and cooking times. Allow several hours of drying and about 30 minutes of cooking time.
In the end
All you have to do is fill your pots with your favorite seeds, cereals and groceries, and stuff your loose kitchen shelves with ugly conditioners. A good way to rhyme deco and ecology!
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your achievements via our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!