Handmade beauty products make a great DIY gift idea. They are perfect for Mother’s Day and even Teacher Appreciation Week. I have collected over 30 great recipes for you to try. Use them for yourself or make them as gift ideas. They are inexpensive and perfect for experimenting! Use a few recipes then experiment with your own great versions. You will most likely find the beauty products of your dreams…all in your own kitchen
Materials Needed for a Homemade Sugar Scrub
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
How to Make a Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (almond, olive or coconut work best)
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an air tight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
How to Use Your DIY Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of the Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like extra soft skin.
- Allow to soak into your skin for a few minutes. Enjoy this time to relax!
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.