COPYCAT TEXAS ROADHOUSE RATTLESNAKE BITES
Delicious cheese and jalapenos are combined, battered and deep fried until melty and golden.
- 2 (8 oz) blocks Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 2-3 jalapenos, diced (depending on how hot you like them)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Oil for frying
- In bowl combine your shredded cheese and jalapenos.
- Shape cheese mixture into about 1 1/2″ balls, squeezing tightly to compress.
- Place on cookie sheet and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat your deep fryer to 350.
- Once chilled, in bowl add your flour.
- In another bowl mix together your egg and milk.
- Lastly in bowl stir together your bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Start by rolling your balls into the flour mixture, then dipping into milk and lastly coating with bread crumbs.
- Fry in batches for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- We like to shred our own cheese from blocks because it seems to make the Rattlesnake Bites hold together better.